We are currently accepting books in the following Genres:
While we understand that romance is an important part of many books, we try to accept books that do not have romance as their central plot.
The Down and Dirty:
WKP is an e-book & print publishing business. The majority of our publishing is done online and communications between authors and staff take place either through email. Due to the work we have and our relatively small staff, we discourage phone communication.
Below you will find our submission guidelines and additional information.
(1) We are looking for fiction works in the above genres. Full length novels – 30,000 words and up, 120,000 + words, if applicable for the work, may be split into two separate novels. We will accept novellas, especially if they are prequels to a full length novel.
(2) We will not accept poetry or stories that contain pedophilia, incest (as a focal point of a story) or bestiality, in the traditional sense of the word.
(3) We will only accept manuscripts via email at this time, we are planning on accepting it via mail in the future.
(4) Cover art is offered at no additional charge. If you have your own cover art or wish for something specific we can discuss this with you.
(5) We will respond to submissions via email and you will receive a notification confirming receipt of your manuscript. You will then receive a separate email when a decision is made as to whether your manuscript has been accepted or rejected.
(6) It may be anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks before a response is received in regards to your manuscript. This gives us time to look the manuscript over and make an informed decision.
(7) WKP accepts unsolicited manuscripts from authors. We do encourage you to look at our submission guides as if they are not followed, your submission will be automatically rejected. If we feel that your manuscript fits our company, we will send a contact. The contract will have to be accepted and signed before any production of your manuscript will begin. Our contract is designed for both digital and print publication. If you do not wish to publish both formats please let us know and we will try to work with you. If you have any questions or concerns please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(8) There is no fee for publication through Wizards Keep Publishing.
Submission Formatting Guidelines:
- To submit your proposal, please email a query letter with the following information to, WizardsKeepPublishing@gmail.com:
- Your full name and pen name, if applicable.
- Your email address.
- The name of your story, the expected length, and the genre.
- Give a full synopsis. (Make this synopsis shine; so it captures our attention.)
In the body of the email, please also include a brief story outline. Describe only the main characters, the main conflict, and how it is resolved. Please attach your manuscript in .rtf or .doc format, only. Make sure your manuscript shines. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable but please let us know. If you are offered a contract with another publisher please let us know as soon as you can.
Manuscript Editing Policy:
If you are an author that does not have an editor WKP can recommend a reasonably priced editor for you. However, we do recommend that your work be edited either by our recommendation or a professional of your own choosing. We will proofread your manuscript once editing as been completed free of charge.